Sunday, April 03, 2005

allergic to Portland

So I've arrived in Portland, (OR not ME). It is BEAUTIFUL here. Unfortunately, I think
I'm allergic to clean air. I felt fine when I left Pittsburgh but soon as i got off the plane, I was sneezing. It got progessively worse. Headaches, congestion, watery eyes. I was unable to even think about going out last night. I was in bed by 10. What bad luck. I have stocked up on every kind of cold and allery med and also vitamins and teas. I am determined to kiss this sickness in the ass ASAP.

Yesterday we went to this huge outdoor market, with food and all kinds of artsy booths.. kind of like Paradise City Arts Festival, but much cheaper. Then we hit the largest independently owned bookstore in the country (i think) called Powell's. It was amazing. Huge and rambling with anything you could ever want. I finally bought a used copy of "A Heartbreaking Work of a Staggering Genius" by Dave Eggers. I've been wanting to read it for over a year now, so I'm hoping I can finish it on the plane or something.

Ok. back to vacationing. See ya'll soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home