Monday, December 13, 2004

weekend update

well I am officially in my late 20s. I turned 26 Thursday. I had planned a night of dancing and debachery, kicking off with drinks at my place around 7. By 7:50 I was all dressed up and chilling with my roommate in my apt, feeling a little bit like Molly Ringwald in Sweet Sixteen. Luckily, my friends are just fashionably late and by 8:30, I had about 20 people here ready to celebrate. We had the wine and run flowing and some of the best dance hits of the 80s and 90s on Janette's poorly designed boombox.. (haha). Eventually we headed over to the club with a nice buzz on, room-hopped all night and ended it all with a bacon-licious breakfast at Eat n' Park. Damn near perfect. The best birthday I've had since I made everyone sing karyoke on my 23rd.

Thursday set me up to do absolutely nothing the rest of the weekend. Friday was our HCI christmas party and the GSA end of the semester happy hour at Docs. Free food, free drinks all day, all night. Erin and I decicided we never meet anyone new outside our program so we went on a mission to bring new friends into our circle. What we met were a lot of antisocial people. Ah well, Ben ended up chilling with us for awhile and taking Alex, Sarah and I to a Philosophy party. All I could picture was a bunch of people smoking and talking about life and plato, but it was your typical house party.

Sat was an art gallery and more dancing, this time at a trendy martini bar called Bikki. Really cool place with leather chairs and a fireplace. And a cute bartender, but I can't go there. Bartenders= bad news.

I started to actually get work done yesterday. I'm tired. I have meetings and an exam tonight. Party's ova.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home